I’m extremely fortunate to make my living as a magician! Here’s what I’m thankful for this weekend:
- I have great clientele. I’m not the cheapest magician in Los Angeles, and they know why! They appreciate how difficult it is to do the type of magic I do, as well as I do it. I’ve spend years perfecting my sleight-of-hand. As always… “you get what you pay for.”
- I’ve been lucky enough to appear on television three separate times this year! By far, the best experience was performing on “Masters of Illusion.” I’ll be using that footage for 20 years!
- Although the economy is hurting right now, I’m still performing lots of shows, and my December is looking strong. I even have a shows this weekend. Could it be busier? Sure! But I’m paying all of my bills and saving for the future… and that’s more than most other magicians can say right now.
- I have two weekly gigs where I’m paid to perform in front of top-notch clientele. Having a nice website is good… but nothing beats seeing me perform live. When they ask me for my card, I know I’ll be the only magician they call.
- Lastly, I’m incredibly thankful to have my wife, Sarah Skilton. She’s is the most supportive person I know. In fact, she was the one who told me years ago to quit my job and do magic full-time. I wouldn’t be a professional magician without her!
Yup… I’ve got a lot to be thankful for! I’m sure that when you think about it, you’ll realize that you do, too. Best wishes for a happy and safe Thanksgiving!